Hello Orangeville Baseball Families,
On April 5th the executive had a conference call to discuss our season. We are committed to doing everything we can in preparation if we can play this season.
We have to wait and listen to our governing bodies, Baseball Ontario and the YSBA. We have to follow the Government regulations. Furthermore we are bound by The Town of Orangeville, Caledon and Mono on diamond permits and decisions they set out.
In doing so, what we discussed is worst case and best case scenarios. Talking through things like limited diamond allocations, shortened seasons, registration cut off dates and possibility of limiting HL player registrations. Our Registration continues to stay open in order try to forecast player numbers due to the logistics surrounding uniforms and equipment purchases. That being said we have and will continue to do what we can to make that happen if we are allowed to play ball.
We assure you that if worst case comes to light, the worst case being a complete season shutdown, that we have discussed a contingency plan. Our team members are working on how we would be able to survive as an organization. We have dedicated volunteers with a vast professional skill set that is helping us work through this. Our volunteers are putting their professional expertise to work in order to come up with solid contingency plans for these unknown situations.
I want to thank all of our executive members for trying to work through this when we don’t know what the future holds. What we need from you is stay home to stop the spread so we can hopefully save our season.
We will continue to update on our social media platforms and our website.
Please do your part by staying home, staying safe.