2023 House League Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE HOUSE LEAUGE REGISTRATION FEE
THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE
- Full uniforms: Jersey, Pants and Cap.
- Team Photo & individual Player Photos
- Diamond Fees paid to the Town of Orangeville
- Umpire Fees
- Team Equipment: including bats, balls, bases, and catcher gear
- Trophies or medals for all players
- Insurance coverage
- CSA approved Batting Helmet
- Baseball Glove
- Running shoes or Baseball Shoes (Cleats with Rubber Soles not Steel)
- Genital protection (boys and girls)
- Recommend players have their own bats to avoid sharing of equipment: USA Baseball and USSSA bats only. Metal for House League
- Opening Day - All Divisions will begin with an "Opening Day" on the weekend of May 27/28
- Picture Day - Pictures will be taken on the weekend of June 10/11, with a make up date on June 15
- Mid-Summer Tournament - The following divisions will have a Mid-Summer Tournament on the listed date:
9U Jr. Rookie: July 22nd
11U Mosquito: July 22nd
13U Peewee: July 23rd
- Closing Day - The last game of the season, followed by Pizza and awards will be on the following days
5U T-Ball: August 29th
7U Jr. Rookie: August 31st
9U Rookie: September 9th
11U Mosquito: September 10th
13U Peewee: September 16th
18U Midget: September 17th
UNIFORM SIZING CHART
Q: What night will my child be playing on?
Play night information is subject to change based on diamond availability.
Q: Can I register in person?
A:The Town of Orangeville is hosting a central registration day on March 11, 2023 between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm at the Alder Street Recreation Centre. We will have a table to run our registration and answer any questions you may have. Otherwise, we have moved to an online registration system. All online payments can be made with your credit card.
Q: Can I pay by Cash or Cheque?
A: No. We only accept payment by credit card (VISA/Mastercard).
Q:What is your refund policy?
A: Refunds prior to May 1st will be refunded without charge. As of May 15th a 25% administration fee will be applied. After June 15th a 50% administration fee will be applied. Refunds will not be granted after July 1st. The board on an individual basis will look at extenuating circumstances.
Q: When does the season start/end?
A: See "Opening Day" and "Closing Day" in "Important Dates" section above.
Q: How many games will they play per week?
A: Our House League teams play 1 game a week
Q: How does the Rally Cap division work?
A: The Rally Cap Program is an initiative to enhance players' and coaches' first experience with the game of baseball! The program helps teach players the five FUNdamentals of baseball (Fundamental movement skills, throwing, receiving, hitting, base running) in a fun and safe environment. Players have the opportunity to learn, acquire and perform different baseball skills in order to progress through the different levels of the program.
Q: Do we play or practice on the weekend?
A: Due to the increased interest and the lack of Diamond availability, some games, practices and development clinics may be scheduled on weekends this season.
Q: Can I make a request to be with friends/certain team/coach?
A: Due to our desire to create the fairest possible league, we can only facilitate 1 request. You may request one player to play with, and in order for that to be accepted, they also need to request you. Requests can be sent to [email protected]