Orangeville & Headwaters Minor Baseball Association tryout regulations
1. All players must register for the tryouts online prior to or at the age appropriate venue. Players are strongly encouraged to pre-register online at Playbaseball.ca for the tryouts. There is no fee to tryout.
2. Only OHMBA scheduled/approved tryouts are permitted. Changes to the tryout schedule must be approved by the V/P of operations and will be posted online.
4. Players may be released from Tier 1 tryouts at any point after Day 1. All players not selected for Tier 1 will be eligible for Tier 2/Select. The Tier 1 coach has the first selection right to choose a player looking for a spot on a rep team.
5. Tier 1 Coaches may roster up to 6 selections on Day 1 of tryouts. Final Tier 1 selections must be made within 24 hours of the final Tier 1 tryout (Day 2 or 3 if needed). Tier 2/Select can roster up to 6 selections on Day 4 and must complete their selections by Day 5 (if needed).
6. Players can be removed from consideration for the Tier 1 team anytime after the 1st tryout either by the coach or by player’s request with conversation with Tier 1 coach.
8. Any players being rostered by a OHMBA rep/select team for the first time must supply OHMBA with a copy of their birth certificate or a valid passport.
9. Any OHMBA player wishing to play in another Centre must first secure a release from OHMBA through the VP Rep/Select. Releases will not be given once a player has committed and signed a OHMBA roster.
10. OHMBA's Boundary is outlined by following Airport Rd north to Hwy 89, west to County Rd 25 south on 12th Line to Orangeville Fergus Townline, East to the 19th Line, South on Winston Churchill to Charleston Sideroad, East to Kennedy Rd (including Caledon Village) then returning to Hwy9
11. All underage players that are being considered for an Rep or Select team must be approved by the review board consisting of the President, VP of Rep/Select and a third member before being offered a position on the team. Underage players are not grandfathered as eligible to play underage if they have played underage within the OHMBA previously (i.e. they must receive approval each year).
To ensure that:
12. Any exceptions to these Rules must be approved by the OHMBA executive.
- Only players of particular “exceptional baseball talent” and appropriate physical maturity are being considered to play underage
- Underage players are not only being selected based on baseball talent, but are also being considered based on social capacity and maturity
- Underage players are not inappropriately unbalancing rosters or divisions, resulting in deserving of-age players losing out on roster spots