Jun 04, 2020 | Admin | 1465 views
Updated Message to our Members
I wanted to let our players, parents and coaches know where we stand today.
Our Executive will be meeting this week to talk about our next steps now that registration is closed. There have been a few new developments and a final decision is probably closer than we think. These decisions will come from Baseball Ontario and the York Simcoe Baseball Association (YSBA). Both are supposed to be giving an update around June 15th, at that time the choice to play may be out of our hands. The YSBA will decide the fate of our Rep and Select programs and Baseball Ontario the Fate of all baseball operations in Ontario.
With that, I assure you we will update everyone on what we plan to do. We have been hard at work forecasting and basically guessing when we can play. Once we know how and when we can play, our membership will have options such as:
To play Based on new season schedule
To NOT play but defer payment to next season
To NOT play this season and get a Full refund
Deferring your registration to next season may be a good option as fees may go up if we have to recover costs. By deferring, you would be locked in at this seasons' price. Theses are the options we are looking into and talking about this week as we have our real numbers now that registrations are closed. We will be ready to go as soon as we get word that baseball is on.
Expect an update from us early next week, and then an update from Baseball Ontario and the YSBA in and around June 15th.
Thanks again for supporting Orangeville and Headwaters Minor Baseball