Jul 08, 2021 | Jesse Edmunds | 956 views
Update: HL Teams & Uniforms, Access to Equipment Boxes, Spectators, and more....
Hey Bengals Family,
We hope you are enjoying being back on the field. There has been a lot on the go while we work towards getting back to game play for our House League members next week, and we wanted to provide a quick update on some key items...
House League Teams:
Our House League Committee has finalized the re-organization of training groups into larger TEAMS for game play. Players/parents/coaches should be contacted soon, if they have not been already. Game schedules will be loaded into the website over the weekend.
House League Uniforms:
Jerseys are ready and will be available for pick-up by the coaches on Sunday July 11th @ Springbrook Shack from 1-3pm (Coaches are asked to please park at the school parking lot and walk across the field, as our 8U and 10U Rep teams will be using the shack diamond for games/practices) . Due to the forecasted weather on Sunday, we are going to postpone player pant and hat pickup day until next weekend (communication will be sent out about pant/hat pickup times).
During the first week of games the coaches will hand out jerseys. Players are asked to wear a comfortable pair of pants (or old baseball pants) and any baseball cap during week 1 of games.
Access to Equipment Boxes:
The last of our equipment boxes were delivered to diamonds this week. We have some keys to cut, and hope to have them all available for coaches when they pick up their team uniforms on Sunday. For Rookie Games requiring the pitching machines, the pitching machines & batteries will be stored at the shack at Springbrook between games so that they are secure and charged. Coaches are asked to pickup and return the machines to the shack on Rookie Game nights.
Covid kits have been distributed to most of our teams, but some still remain at the shack. Any coach that has not yet received a covid-kit is asked to request one when picking up uniforms on Sunday.
Spectators / Protocols:
Our Step 2 spectator protocols are nearly complete and will be communicated soon. We are aware of the announcement that Step 3 is to begin on Friday July 16, but still unaware how that will affect Step 2 protocols. We will continue to keep our membership informed as we learn more.
Thank you for your continued patience and involvement with Orangeville & Headwaters Minor Baseball Association this season. We hope you have enjoyed having the kids back out on the fields as much as we have.